Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Days 2& 3 "The Hangover"

     We read the Whole30 timeline in depth and still I felt just a bit blindsided today when I found myself getting angry and frustrated with the simplest things. Things I encounter daily, behaviors that people are known for, pretty much EVERYTHING! I knew, I expected, and still strangely surprised. To the point that I almost wanted someone to provoke me just so I could unleash on them!
     The cravings have been fine, nothing unbearable and not really even anything specific. I am, however, VERY persuadable when it comes to food stuff. So talking to a coworker about a nice chai latte or a kitchen that is engulfed with the smell of brownies baking is still a bit hard. The food we are eating is still tasting good and keeping my interest, which also helps a lot. Here's a list of what I've eaten:
Day 2: (Super hungry today)
Pre-workout- Handful of nuts and dry fruit
Post workout- Apple and almond butter
Breakfast- 2 eggs w/hot sauce, 2 bacon, baked sweet potato w/ghee and cinnamon
Snack: 2 1oz meatballs and 2 strip bacon
Lunch: Sonoma Chicken Salad lettuce wraps, larabar, apple berry la Croix sparkling water
Snack: Epic bison bar
Dinner: Slow roasted pork Mexican bowl (sautéed red cabbage, cilantro,onion, tomato, avocado)

Day 3:
Breakfast- 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon, Sweet potato w/ghee & cinnamon
Snack: 3 strips bacon
Lunch: Beef & Turkey chili w/tons of veggies
Snack: small handful mixed nuts and some grapes
Dinner: Chicken Cacciatore

    Yea, I know... not supposed to be snacking but I'm just so hungry sometimes! So it's not too bad so far. More to come!
  -Jamie

Dawns take on days 2 and 3..

Surprisingly, they are not as bad as I expected.  Like Jamie said, the food we are eating is quite tasty, but I miss my snacks!  I noticed that I woke up with a headache yesterday (typical hangover, right) and then shit just went downhill! Little things, but enough to irritate me.  Then I couldn't sleep last night and became irrational. Very irrational. So I went to the couch at 2am where I slept until 5:15am and then became a happy camper.
Tonight at work I brought in 'snacks' for my group. It consisted of chips, salsa, and queso. I could get done on queso.  As I watched the group eat the treats, I snacked on carrots and had to remind myself why I was doing this.  I am doing it for so many reasons that one day I will write down, but for now I am happy where this is going.  Friday I have a training for work where they cater breakfast and lunch so that is what I am focused on now...Until then, happy/healthy eating...and onto day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment