Friday, October 24, 2014

What i lost

So our crossfit coach posted a motivational quote about sacrificing different things to meet our goal...she then asked us what we have sacrificed to achieve our own goal.  I thought about all the things I have lost.  in no particular order:

  • My ability to sleep late...at 4:45am the alarm goes off and we head to the 'box'. 
  • Some 'friends' that became toxic and no longer supportive of my future goals.
  • heartburn after dinner
  • the feeling of extreme fullness and disgust after Every. Single. Meal.
  • The wearing of heels. I mean, my Nano's for xfit and being barefoot for boxing counts right?
  • the desire to shop at Ulta, Sephora, Mac.  Yikes...it is now Dicks, Amazon, Finish Line
  • hell, a few inches are gone too...
  • The desire to sit on my butt and watch TV All. Night. Long.
  • The lack of willpower
  • The ability to say 'I can't do it'  - F*ck that.  I am Going to do it, or at least try my best!
  • Pounds and Pounds of the past...literally and figuratively
  • Lack of conversation starters..WOD anyone? Jab Cross Jab? 5K?
Those are some of the things I have lost throughout this journey.  Not too shabby huh?  Some things I have gained?
  • Confidence
  • shopping in more stores
  • friendships
  • self awareness
  • Palm soreness
  • muscle aches (the kind that feel great though!)
  • Determination
  • a new desire for my future (health coach!)
  • having no limits
  • the ability to push my body harder than it ever has been pushed
  • the awareness to Love and Hate your coaches at the same time (sorry Jamie, Dan, and Renee!!)
  • a life.
What are some of your losses and gains??? Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment